Folding bathrobes can be a bit challenging as they are so large, and have so many little things that you need to get right to make the folds look good.
But fear not, today I’m going to teach you two fantastic ways to fold your bathrobes; one really beautiful way, and one way that is a little quicker, but still looks great.
I recommend that you watch the video before you start to fold yourself, then rewatch the video, or follow the instructions and illustrations I have added for you for each fold.
How to Fold Robes like Spas and Luxury Hotels
Folding robes like hotels and spas the way that takes the most effort, but in return, you get a luxurious look to the robe that presents well whether you’re gifting the robe or trying to impress somebody.
This fold is a little tricky, but don’t be afraid to try it. If it looks weird the first time, you will certainly get it the second time.
- A large table or a bed (a large clean surface)
- Lay the bathrobe out flat with the front side facing up with the belt facing out on both sides.
- Fold in the arms to the opposite side, and while holding on to the arm folded on top and the bottom of the lapel, turn the bathrobe around so the back faces up.
- Fold the top of the robe back over so the arms are exposed entirely.
- Fold both of the arms back out, and make sure that the belt is facing out on both sides.
- Fold the top back over so that the back faces up again. Now we are ready to start folding from the back with the front looking nice and neat underneath.
- Fold both arms over to the other side so that the arm you fold last completely overlaps the first arm.
- Fold the left side of the bathrobe in 1/4 of the total length. Make sure the fold is even all the way down the robe.
- Fold the right side in as well so that it meets left side at the middle of the robe.
- Gently pull the belt out of the fold at the middle, and stretch it out so that it is even on both sides.
- Fold the part of the belt on the left side over to the right side. Make sure that it lays neatly on top of the belt on the left side.
- From the top, fold the robe down 1/3 of it's total length.
- Lift the top layers of the top of the robe up, and fold the entire bottom of the robe inside the opening. Take some time to make sure that the edges of the bottom fold are spread out evenly inside the opening, and that it is all the way in.
- Fold the belt over the top of the robe. Make sure that both layers of belt lay perfectly on top of each other
- Put the end of the belt inside the opening at the bottom of the folded-up robe to secure it in place. The more belt you can fit in there, the better it will be secured.
This fold can be a bit tricky, but if it doesn't look right the first time, go ahead and try again. Watch the video to see how I do it if you are unsure at any point.
I also have a guide on how to fold towels that you can check out if you’re interested.
How to File Fold Bathrobes
File-folding robes is a lot faster than doing the fold you learned above. The drawback is that it doesn’t present as well as the previous fold. However, if you like file folding, or just want to save some time, then this fold is a fantastic alternative.
Check out the video if you can, or move on to the illustrated steps below. I added a text description for the steps under the illustrations if you need it.
- Lay the bathrobe with the front facing up on a flat surface
- Fold the arms in on both sides, and make sure that the belt is stretched out on both sides.
- From the left side, fold the robe in 1/3 of it’s total width.
- Fold the right side in as well so that it completely overlaps the left side.
- Make sure that the belt is still sticking out entirely, and fold the robe in half from top to bottom.
- Fold the end with the collar and bottom up slightly less than 1/3 of the remaining length of the robe.
- Then fold the robe over one more time so that the ends line up evenly.
- Lift the robe up, and place it with the tall side with a single fold over it facing up.
- Take both ends of the belt, fold them across to the other side of the robe on each their side (see illustration step 7), and push the ends inside the the openings in the folds to secure the fold.
Next, you can check out how to file fold the rest of your clothes in this comprehensive guide I made for you.